Fetal Alcohol Syndrome What Is It
http://www.lumalove.com/ Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is a group of birth defects that occur if the mother has drunk excessive amounts of alcohol while pregnant. Such defects can include:
- Behavioral and attention problems
- Abnormal heart development
- Speech and learning problems
- Decreased growth before and after birth
- Vision and hearing problems
- Sleep disorders and sucking disorders
- Changes in face shape and smaller head size
Women who drink more than SEVEN drinks a week are at an extreme risk of fetal alcohol syndrome. The only way of prevention is to not drink alcohol while pregnant at all. I meet women all the time in my practice that had a few nights of drinking before they found out they were pregnant.
Pregnancy 101 | According to the CDC (Center of Disease Control) within the USA:
- Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years
- 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years
- This results in shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years
Pregnancy 101 |What is excessive drinking for a pregnant woman?
Excessive drinking includes binge drinking, heavy drinking, and any drinking by PREGNANT WOMEN women or people younger than age 21.
- Binge drinking, the most common form of excessive drinking, is defined as consuming
- For women, 4 or more drinks during a single occasion.
- For men, 5 or more drinks during a single occasion.
- Heavy drinking is defined as consuming
- For women, 8 or more drinks per week.
- For men, 15 or more drinks per week.
Most people who drink excessively are not alcoholics or alcohol dependent.
Midwife Hannah Bajor, C.N.M., M.S.N – Pregnancy 101 Expert
Midwife of 30 years her website is http://www.lumalove.com. Pregnancy is one of the GREAT human miracles no one will ever fully understand. Hannah walks her talk in everything she does. At the age of 38, she finally got pregnant after a 12-year struggle. She finally joined the elite group of women she cared for called pregnant. At 16 weeks pregnant her world came crashing in. Hannah found out her baby boy growing inside of her had died.
A year after her devastating miscarriage, six months of failed infertility treatments her inner world crumbled to pieces. Hannah’s Doctors told her she was infertile; she
had run out of eggs and she was too old to have a baby. The killer was she was advised to stop trying to get pregnant.
Hannah would not give up her dream of having a baby!
Despite her devastating diagnosis of being infertile, she did not give up hope. She did a year of research which finally paid off. She now has two growing boys, conceived naturally. At the birth of her second son, she almost died. She was given a death or stay option at life. This experience ignites Hannah’s mission in the world to be a leader.
Hannah’s Mission in Life…
Hannah is driven by a life mission to provide a multi-platform line of pregnancy and childbirth related educational products. Her company Lumalove LLC helps couples globally to access new and dynamic prenatal education. Hannah shows parent-to-be how to lay the foundational blueprints for a happier, healthier pregnancy outcomes.
Do you have a copy of Hannah’s FREE eBook Birth, A Conscious Choice? If not have it delivered to your inbox, chapter by chapter. It is fascinating to read to deepen your understanding about getting pregnant, pregnancy, birth, and miscarriage. To access click on DEEPER UNDERSTANDING INTO PREGNANCY BOOK
If you liked my blog then do me a BIG FAVOUR and share it with friends and family!
Just press on social media icons below. Thank’s a million Hannah!