Menses 28 Days No More!
http://www.lumalove.com/ The guidelines for a “normal” menstrual cycle have changed. The standard is no longer 28 days! In fact, the”normal” menstrual cycle range is now 24-38 days. With a frequent cycle being every 24 days or less and an infrequent cycle being 38 days or more.
What does this mean for TTC? Well, how many of you use a Period Tracker app of some sort to see when you are fertile? These apps are unreliable because they are based on the 28 day menstrual cycle. What is the best way to conceive a baby?! Taking your basal body temperature to track your body’s unique pattern of ovulation. If your period is every 38 days, that’s ok! It doesn’t make you “less fertile” necessarily. It only means that there is more time in between ovulations. Need a refresher about how to track your BBT?
1) Take your temperature every day at the same time, before you get out of bed and before you eat or drink
2) Use a digital thermometer that will memorize your temperature. That way you can go back to sleep and record on your chart when you’re fully awake.
3) Chart your temperature beginning on the first day of your period
4) Remember, your temperature will be lower in the first half of your menstrual cycle. It will drop considerably for one day when you ovulate. If your temperature remains elevated for more than 14 days after ovulation, you could be pregnant.
5) The purpose of BBT tracking is to become aware of your body’s unique ovulation pattern. You should track for several months to see when you are most fertile. It is best to have sex the day before ovulation (the day before your temperature drops), the day of ovulation, and one day after for good measure. Having sex on these three days will increase your chances of becoming pregnant.
Midwife Hannah Bajor, C.N.M., M.S.N – Pregnancy 101 Expert
Midwife of 30 years her website is http://www.lumalove.com. Pregnancy is one of the GREAT human miracles no one will ever fully understand. Hannah walks her talk in everything she does. At the age of 38, she finally got pregnant after a 12-year struggle. She finally joined the elite group of women she cared for called pregnant. At 16 weeks pregnant her world came crashing in. Hannah found out her baby boy growing inside of her had died.
A year after her devastating miscarriage, six months of failed infertility treatments her inner world crumbled to pieces. Hannah’s Doctors told her she was infertile; she had run out of eggs and she was too old to have a baby. The killer was she was advised to stop trying to get pregnant.
Hannah would not give up her dream of having a baby!
Despite her devastating diagnosis of being infertile, she did not give up hope. She did a year of research which finally paid off. She now has two growing boys, conceived naturally. At the birth of her second son, she almost died. She was given a death or stay option at life. This experience ignites Hannah’s mission in the world to be a leader.
Hannah’s Mission in Life…
Hannah is driven by a life mission to provide a multi-platform line of pregnancy and childbirth related educational products. Her company Lumalove LLC helps couples globally to access new and dynamic prenatal education. Hannah shows parent-to-be how to lay the foundational blueprints for a happier, healthier pregnancy outcomes.
Do you have a copy of Hannah’s FREE eBook Birth, A Conscious Choice? If not have it delivered to your inbox, chapter by chapter. It is fascinating to read to deepen your understanding about getting pregnant, pregnancy, birth, and miscarriage. To access click on DEEPER UNDERSTANDING INTO PREGNANCY BOOK
If you liked my blog then do me a BIG FAVOUR and share it with friends and family!
Just press on social media icons below. Thank’s a million Hannah!